Thursday, March 29, 2012

About driving… in Beijing..



  Oh the driving in Beijing just kills me every day, and yet i do really love to drive around in my tiny little car. It took me all my self control not punch this extreme stupid and rude driver in Buick on my way to work…
  Since I didn’t mention that now I live in Beijing this entry might be a surprise. But the whole story will come later a bit.
  So I live in Beijing for just a bit more then 10 years and I have been driving here for something like 5 years. You think you can get used to everything on the road, but it just aint true. The way they drive here is just impossible to ignore.
  First of all they never show the turn signal so it is impossible to know what the driver in front of you is going to do. Then this “driver” is simply changing his mind of where he wants to go or even if he wants to go at all… oh and the most favorite thing is to go from very left line to very right line, then frisky change 5 lines on a highway just to take an exit that he didn’t even miss, it’s just that it was quicker to go on a left line. But women are worse than anywhere, especially if these girls just got a SLK or 911 from daddy.  They don’t even know what they are driving.
  Yet another problem in Beijing is taxi drivers. Sometimes it seems that they just don’t care about anything. So, most of the accidents are because of them. Thou I wouldn’t call it an accident more of a scratch but since they need to call police to document it so that insurance company will take of the so called  damage.
  Oh and my very favorite – the Bus drivers! The deal with them is tricky. All of them have schedules and they need to be always on time, because if they don’t there are fines to pay. So of course they are trying to over go each other even thou they do have their own line (which we can’t use) which is extremely annoying for others around. 
  Of course not all of them are like this..  Like anywhere in the world and in any nation there are many good people and drivers. Let’s just hope that one day they will learn how to respect each other on the roadJ))



No comments:

Post a Comment